Arkansas Heart Foundation hosts the national Walk with a Doc initiative. Participants will have the opportunity to walk on beautiful Arkansas trails with local physicians, who are eager to walk alongside you and answer any questions about your health. Walking for as little as 30 minutes per day can have the following health benefits:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
Please check our calendar for the next Walk with a Doc event that is closest to your home town!
Hours: 9am – 11am.
MAY- 5/20- Pinnacle Mountain State Park (West Summit)
OCTOBER- 10/21 Two Rivers Park
NOVEMBER- 11/18 Burns Park and Big Dam Bridge